Scenario - I received a replacement Ingenico iWL/iCT terminal from CHASE Paymentech and when I complete the Ackroo 311 download with the USB stick previously provided, I get a Network Error when launching Ackroo.
What went wrong? - A recent software release for CHASE Paymentech iWL/iCT terminals is causing network connectivity issues when launching the Ackroo application, for Ackroo Version 3.11
What do I do now?
An Ackroo software update is required. Please delete the original file from the USB key that was originally provided by Ackroo and replace it with the file linked below:
- Download Ackroo Version 3.12
- NOTE: You must unzip the folder titled 'TELIUM' before you load it onto your USB key.
- Complete the normal download instructions previously provided.
- Once the download is complete and the terminal has rebooted, go to Third Party and select ‘Ackroo’ from the Menu.
You will likely get a ‘Network Error’ message again, and if so, continue with the steps below:
- When ‘Network Error’ appears, press the '#' key >> Key in the password '112233'.
- Select the 'Configuration' Menu.
- Select the option for ‘Server Address’ and press Enter.
- You must backspace (Yellow Key) and write over the text in this menu to read 't.ackroo.net'.
- Tip: Use the number keys to scroll through the alphabet/symbols.
- Press Enter/Green Key to save and return to the prior menu.
- Hit Cancel/Red Key to exit and go back to the main Ackroo menu.
- It will now ask you for a 6-digit activation PIN (you might need to reboot if it is not prompting this: Press and hold the Yellow Key and '#' together if so).
For further instructions on how to generate a 6-digit Activation Pin, click here: