Scenario - I am using a cellular-connected (3G) terminal from Global Payments. I received a new/replacement terminal from Global -OR- a Global software update was pushed to my existing terminal and now I am getting a ‘Network Error’ when I launch Ackroo.
What do I do now? - Contact Global Help Desk (1-800-263-2970) and ask to update the terminal profile. Specify that you are using the Ackroo application, Version 3.11.
If the ‘Network Error’ message persists, run a system report:
- Launch the 'Ackroo' application and wait for the 'Network Error' message.
- Press the ‘#’ key to enter the Advanced Settings.
- Enter Manager Password ‘112233’.
- Select ‘System Report’ and a receipt printout will be generated.
- From the ‘Ackroo Configuration’ section of the receipt, identify what Cellular Package is named under ‘GPRS APN’:
- If you are using a Rogers sim card, this menu item should display ‘global.apn’
- If you are using a Telus sim card, this menu item should display ‘isp.telus.com’
If the cellular packages described above DO NOT MATCH with your cellular provider, the description can be changed with the following steps:
- Launch the 'Ackroo' application again and when the ‘Network Error’ appears, press the '#' key.
- Enter the Manager password '112233'.
- Go into the 'Configuration' Menu.
- Select the option for ‘APN Name’ and press Enter (You might need to scroll down to see this).
- You must backspace (Yellow Key) and write over the text in this menu to read one of the following:
- Telus = isp.telus.com
- Rogers = global.apn
- Tip: Use the number keys and the 'F' key to scroll through the alphabet/symbols (Example: For letter 'C', press '2' and then 'F' key 3 times).
- Press Enter/Green Key to save and return to the prior menu.
- Hit Cancel/Red Key to exit and go back to main Ackroo menu.
- Reboot the terminal by holding the Yellow and ‘#’ key simultaneously.
- Relaunch the 'Ackroo' application. It will now ask you to enter 6-digit activation PIN online at, https://activate.ackroo.com (You will need administrative sign-in privileges to complete this step).
For further instructions on how to activate a 6-digit Pin, click here:
My terminal is giving me a 6 digit PIN--What do I do now?
Please sign in to leave a comment.