|NOTE: The unit feature must first be enabled by Ackroo. To activate it, please contact your representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org.|
To fund units, make sure you have added the units to your program. To do this, open manage.ackroo.com, then go to Admin > Settings > Units > Add Unit
Step 1: Log into your VT
Locate the customer with whom you’d like to fund a unit. You can search for your customer by:
- Card Number
- Batch Number
- Reference ID
- Bin #
- Phone Number
You can also register a new customer inside your VT. Click the “Register Account Without Card” button and fill in the form.
Step 2: Fund a unit
On your VT you have a button labelled “fund unit”. If this button is not showing, please contact email@example.com.
Click this button to proceed with funding a unit.
Step 3: Define your unit to be issued to the customer
1. Enter the # of units you wish to enter for the client (For example 5 units).
2. Choose a predefined category the unit would relate to. (You would have had to set up categories in your program console prior to this exercise. You can do so by heading to “admin” > “Settings” > “Units” > “Add Units”)
3. Toggle to receive a receipt via email on/off.
4. Optional – Enter a description. (Ex. “Customer service gesture”)
5. Set an expiration date for the unit(s) to expire.
You will be shown a pop-up containing the transaction details. You can choose to print this if needed.
Lastly, you can view the balance of expirable units on the user’s card profile: