Tracking eGift Transactions
You can track your eCommerce transactions with your PayPal merchant account and your Ackroo administrator account.
Find your PayPal transactions in the 'Activity' tab
Select a transaction to open that transaction's details
Important information to be noted in the transaction's details page:
- Transaction ID (Above: 7UK89865SB0562202)
- order_id (Above: 98)
- Payment Status (Above: Completed)
As can be seen above, PayPal's Transaction ID is the 'Reference' number in Ackroo. This information can be used to search and find the transaction in Ackroo.
If you are unable to find the transaction in Ackroo, please send the order_id to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short description of the issue.
eGift to Paypal Transaction Flow
To help understand how the transaction process flows from Ackroo to Paypal, the process is outlines below:
- A customer makes an eGift purchase online
- An eGift transaction is created in Ackroo, it appears in the eCommerce tab as 'expired'
- PayPal receives the customer's funds
- PayPal sends the customer's funds to the merchant's account
- PayPal tells Ackroo that the funds were received
- Ackroo changes the eGift status from 'expired' to 'completed'
- Ackroo sends the buyer and recipient a confirmation email
It is important to note:
- If a transaction is never completed (cancelled by the customer), and PayPal does not notify Ackroo that the merchant has received the funds, the eGift will remain 'expired' indefinitely
- If a merchant has not setup their PayPal merchant account properly and the funds cannot be received, the eGift will remain 'expired' until the account is setup, PayPal transfers the funds, and notifies Ackroo that the funds were received
- IPN MUST be enabled (TURNED ON) on the customer's side in order for PayPal to direct us to release the gift card: