The guide below will show you how to properly link your Shopify Account to your Ackroo account.
For additional help developing custom apps with Shopify, please follow this link to Shopify's support page on custom apps.
Please note: The video below demonstrates how to set up a Private App with Shopify, which Shopify has now changed to Custom Apps. The steps are only slightly different, and are noted below if you need additional guidance.
Shopify Install Guide
The following guide provides an overview of how to install a Shopify Private Application onto your Ackroo program. The Shopify Extension allow gift cards belonging to your program to be used as discount codes in your Shopify store's checkout. Ackroo gift card balance must be exchanged as Coupon/Discount Codes before they can be redeemed in your Shopify Storefront.
Create the app:
1) Go to your Shopify admin dashboard
2) Click Apps > Develop Apps for your store
3) Click Create a custom app.
4) In the modal window, enter the App Name and select an App developer. The app developer can be the store owner, or any staff or collaborator account with the Develop apps permission. Check all applicable authorization checkboxes.
5) Click Create app.
6) Select the API Scopes/Permissions needed by the Ackroo Application
- Discount (Read and write)
- Orders (Read)
- Price Rules (Read and write)
7) At the top of the page, go to the API credentials tab to find access key data to link to Ackroo
8) Copy the following information, or keep this tab open as we will be needing this information shortly:
- Shopify store URL (ex: my-fake-store.myshopify.com)
- API Key
- API Secret Key (referred to as "Shared Secret" in Ackroo)
- Admin API access token (referred to as "private app Password" in Ackroo)
9) To link the Shopify application to your Ackroo program:
- Go to your Program Console at manage.ackroo.com
- Login with your Ackroo account credentials
- Go to Admin > Settings
- Click Link External Accounts
- Click Link Shopify Account
10) Enter the information obtained on step 8 into this page, then select Install App to finish.
If successfully linked, you should now see an option to unlink the Shopify account if needed.
Please sign in to leave a comment.