How to Fund Ackroo cards using your Poynt Terminal
In order to fund and redeem cards on your Poynt terminal, you must first download the Ackroo app from the Poynt App Marketplace. Once you have completed the download, you will also need to link your Poynt account to Ackroo.
- Once your account is linked, open the Ackroo app. If you do not see the app on your home screen, you can swipe to another page to find it.
- Select Swipe or Scan card. When swiping the card, the MAG stripe should be facing down and to the right. The camera for scanning cards is at the head of the unit (see video)
- This will bring you to the balance page, where it will display loyalty, promo and gift balances on the entered card.
- Select FUND
- Select GIFT or LOYALTY
- When funding Gift cards, enter the amount to be activated. When funding Loyalty, you enter the subtotal of the purchase that the customer is earning loyalty towards. Loyalty is automatically calculated and added based off the percentage added in the BASIC tab of the CAMPAIGNS section of your Management Portal.
- Once continue is selected, the merchant can then select a tender in the upper right corner of the window.
- Ensure you print the receipt by selecting the RECEIPT button. Print two copies, one for you and one for the customer.
How to Redeem Ackroo Cards on your Poynt Terminal
Redeeming cards on your Poytn terminal follows the normal Poynt sales process.
- Open the SALE app on your Poynt Terminal
- Enter the amount of the sale and select Credit/Debit
- From the tender selection, select AckrooAPP
- Select Scan or Swipe card
- Enter the card number and when the sale is completed, ensure you select the Receipt button twice - one copy for you and one copy for the customer.